Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 7 and 8

Monday-
As always the day started off with "meatballs",  took us a while to wake up Kiri the oldest wolf here at Wolf Park. Then Josh and I went to help in the gift shop while Kayla and Matt went to butcher and then sand some more of the shelving unit. In the gift shop I first scraped off some old stickers that needed to come off then I set out to rearrange the stuffed animals on the shelves the Josh and Caity brought in. After we were finished with the Gift shop we went to join Matt and Kayla in the art of sanding(the butchering was already done YAY!!!!!!). Thankfully the sanding went a lot quicker because Alastair was back with a hand sander, so the only thing us interns had to sand the slower way was the sides and corners. After that we broke for lunch. Pushed so fur in to vials for the gift shop, but then I jammed the laminator and we couldn't move on with the bookmarks(none of us knew how to really use it...)  Gave out evening "meatballs" and fed the wolves at the same time because of the research going on here at Wolf Park this week. After all the work was good and done we ate dinner played Uno(Matt won twice I won once) and Monty Python Fluxx(I won both games and then it was off to bed.

 Tuesday-
Today I have been officially here for on whole week!!!!!!!!!!!! Morning "meatballs" and then a slow start for the day. We only have one or two hand sanders right now so Josh and Kayla took up the sanding job. While they were doing that Matt and I did the inventory and then after awhile he went to get the trash and recycling from Erich house(I met up there with him because I saw him and decided to help him. After that I got a new job I needed to do, the ice treat container. They were really disgusting and filled with moldy hot dogs and rotten fish. I had to wash them all out. This took a very long time, and I was so glad to be through with it when I was done. Lunch followed, with the Sanding and everything else done we didn't really have much to do. We tried(and failed) to unjam the laminator machine and shredded the office paper. Then we got are next duty for the day, placing the address sticker on the newsletter. A very easy task yes, but also not a very thrilling job. We got all the stickers put on the news letter(there was a man named Peter Parker who lives in New York, it's a Spiderman reference for anyone who might be confused.) We finished up the day with our meeting with Erich who is always interesting to listen to(he has a lot of stories). My first week here at wolf Park has been fun and a learning experience and I have loved every second of it!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning sugar bear! Glad to see you survived your first week. Sounds like a lot of hard work! I have a couple of questions for you - Are the other wolves nice to Kiri?
    and ... Why in the world are there rotton fish and moldy hotdogs in the "ice treat" container????
    Also I was very glad to hear that you cleaned the "human fridge" out!That thing looked scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... are the treat containers something for the wolves? The way I read it at first I thought it was something in the gift shop!!!!
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mom,
    to answer your question, first to Kiri. Kiri is on East Lake and in a encloser by himself. I think he used to be the Beta Male of the group, but in Wolf society as what happens many a time he's rank plummeted to the bottom of the pecking order when another wolf took over as Alpha. Wolves sometimes get chased out of the pack and it is no longer safe for them to be in the main pack. So we have all the wolves who have been 'retired' from the main pack in a place called East Lake. Most of the wolves there have a companion, and Kiri brother Seneca used to be in there with him. His brother passed away a while ago, but I think he's happy to be on his old. He's almost 18 so I think the younger wolves would make him unhappy.
    And as for the ice treat containers, yes they are for the wolves. I'm not sure why there was moldy hot dogs and rotten fish in the containers, but all of that is done now and I won't have to do it again so that makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete