Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wolf Park Day 1

  Well I've finally arrived at Wolf Park!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom and I arrived here after a detour from a flooded road, anyways I'm just so exicted to be here now. There are five people including me in the house right now. Their names are Kayla, Matt, Casey, and Josh. They all seem like very nice people although it is kind of weird to be the youngest person in the house. Kayla my roommate is really cool and nice. She's from Canada and I think we've hit it off right away(She says she thinks of me as the little sister she never had). . I haven't really haven't had the chance to get to know the others in the house yet(Casey is leaving tomorrow, so that's to bad) but they all seem like nice people too.
  After we went over all the rules and toured the camp I got to interact with my first wolf!!!!!!! Dharma is a sweet almost one year old wolf pup. Since she's not considered an adult yet in wolf terms she still has a very puppy like personality. We knelt down and got to pet her and lick our faces, it made me excited all over again to finally be here.
  In the evening we got to meet Wolf Park's founder and Owner Erich Klinghammer, who if you can't tell by his name is German. He is a very sweet, nice man. He was born in 1930 in Germany and grew up during WWII. The war ended when he was fifteen and after seeing the horrors of the concentration camps he moved to the U.S with help from a friend. He opened Wolf Park in 1973 and has since turned it in to what it is today. He has six dogs (four chihuahuas, 2 German Shepards), five cats, and a bunch of birds). He's funny and easy to get along with.
After such a busy day I'm just exhausted and plan to read some of my book and then go to bed. Another busy day is planned for tomorrow,I best be ready for it!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun! It is great to have been able to meet a wolf on your first day, and to have met the founder. Are you going to interview him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be going there every week so I'll be able to ask him a lot of questions

    ReplyDelete